Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Here I am in Dallas

and it is cooold!! It's not supposed to be cold here!! I know it winter time but, I was hoping Texas was getting one of those "warm" weeks that they get every once in awhile during the winter. But, no such luck! Oh well.

Well, I was going to go off on all this coverage of another pampered, over paid, make believe actor, but it just makes me mad. Wait......

you know what, I just changed my mind. I can do that since it is my blog after all. And I can put on here whatever I like. So here goes.

Did anyone know that a US Customs officer was run down by a piece of dirt this weekend? Where was the big coverage of this? Oh wait, he didn't make a bunch of mediocre movies, and get paid WAY too much money, just to entertain people.

Why is there more coverage for this pampered, rich boy living in manhattan but hardly nothing about a man that put his life on the line in the defense of his country! That is just pathetic! Really it is! If we would just stop and put it into perspective. who really did more for their country?

And then there is the whole "brokeback" thing. I'm sorry, but as a Christian (and I make NO APOLOGIES for that) I can't celebrate the life of someone that has put out a movie that glorifies a lifestyle that I don't agree with. As a believer, I have to take the Bible as a whole. Not in part, but in whole. I have been reading the bible for 28 yrs and I have yet to find a passage or even a mention on how homosexuality is okay. I find plenty of passages, and history lessons, about how God says it is wrong. But yet to find where God or Jesus ever made room for something like that.

So excuse if I don't sit here and laud the man for his "achievements". But I do feel sadness for a life that was wasted. And that is how I feel. No wait, that isn't strong enough. I should have said. "That is what I know"

10 Comments:

Blogger Sezme said...

Wowzers! My arse is feeling a bit scorched after reading your post.

I cringe whenever my colleagues extol the "merits" of such films as Brokeback Mountain. Makes me even sicker when those non-Christians try to suggest that they know what is in the Bible and state how they believe Christians are to behave and what Christians should believe in their faith.

I feel bad for the loss of life and wasted years and that his daughter will now grow up without her daddy.

I did like him in a couple of movies, but yeah...the coverage is a bit much.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

I too feel sad for the daughter. She will never get to know her daddy. I wish people would think about those things before they make the choices they do. And I haven't been perfect either, just in case someone thinks I am on a high horse.

And I didn't mean to point any fingers at any of my blogging family! I wasn't.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

i think we all know you better than that!
cold in dallas....that's not good to hear! but i'm in ohio, it's a helluva lot colder here than texas!!

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep.

Ohiya is freeeeeezzzzzziiiiingggg.

I hate this.

Oh, and I agree with you Sssteve...

6:27 AM  
Blogger grimjack said...

You guys know that was a movie, right? They didn't actually have sex.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

Grimjack,
It is the fact that the movie promotes homosexuality within the context that the characters were both married. Both issues have contributed to the social demise of this country.
Besides...
2 guy's kissing is like Sssteve and Wyatt jello wrestling together.
Get the mental image???
GROSS!!!!!!!!!

7:20 PM  
Blogger grimjack said...

The movie didn't promote homosexuality. It simply told a story. A sad and actually boring one. His character will probably kill lots of people. Does that mean "The Dark Knight" promotes murder? Does "Battlestar Galactica" promote humanities destruction by robots?

I do find it amazing that people are so put off by that movie, and the social harm it can do, while not having a problem with the routine killings in most other movies.

I'm pretty sure god didn't like killing either. Probably more then gay sex.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

Actually Grim, it was used as a "PR" tool for homosexuality. My own cousin and his husband kept talking it up (homosexuals). The people in my school that have used it as part of their classes have done so because they feel it should be mainstream.

Sin is sin, whether it be murder, adultery (either persuasion), theft, lying, or anything else I forgot, including a lack of self-control, which I dare say most of us are guilty.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with what RT said. It was PR for homos and I'd never go see a cowboy movie with homos! All the cowboys must be turning in their graves!

Linda

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot! I can't stand that whiny music that goes with the movie and now we're having to hear that again! ack

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home