Sunday, January 06, 2008

What is wrong you ask, Well I will tell you....

Well, I will probably step on a couple of toes today but, this is just got me really sad!! My wife and I were at Walmart the other day standing in line at the check out and Elina picks up a People magazine. The cover caught our attention. Since I have entered into this challenge with everyone to lose weight, I pick up on things about that. So this is their annual weight loss issue. It has success stories of individuals and couples that have lost tons of weight. And I mean TONS of weight. One wife and husband over 2 yrs time lost 560 lbs combined! THAT IS AMAZING!!!! That is like Wyatt and me combined! Kinda puts that into perspective doesn't it. Anyways, that was nice and all. The stories were uplifting and inspiring. So as Elina was paging through the magazine, we found an article about teenage pregnancy. Girls in their early teens pregnant or have already had their children. How tragic it that! Now here is where I may lose a few of you, but oh well, so be it!

Fathers we are to blame! It’s not the girls fault; it’s not even the boys fault! No matter if we want to smash his little pea brained head in! Sure they bear some of the responsibility for their actions. But we are ultimately at fault here! We have allowed society to minimize the importance of a man in the life of his child! Not just a male presence, but a MAN who will set boundaries, to set rules and disciplines for when they are broken. To set them for both their girls and boys. It does take two to tango you know! But along with that comes the UNCONDITIONAL LOVE for that little girl!! The kind of love, no matter what they look like, what they like, whether it is in line with your likes or dislikes, you LOVE them. Trust me, a little girl knows when her daddy loves her! Too many times the MAN of the family does not perform his duties to his family like he should, We have all heard and know the excuses! The MAN of the family should be the rock, the shelter, and refuge from the world for his little girl!! Not the mamby, pamby, emasculated male version that society would have you believe is the right kind of parent for your daughter! Society thinks that a man or woman can be each others roles. I am sorry but that is just flat out wrong! It is not born out in nature, and it surely isn't true for the species on this earth that have a brain to reason with. It is not healthy for a child, boy or girl, to be raised by 2 women or 2 men. or just one woman or one man. I know that sometimes due to problems in the family and such, it is necessary for a woman or a man to leave their husband or wife. But, let me tell you. It makes your job that much harder. If you are a one parent family, then by all means put aside that fact that you hate your ex, I know there are exceptions like the safety of the child, but that person is still your childs Daddy or Mommy. And your little girl needs her daddy and her mommy! Both of them. I know most people may not agree with me, but if you put aside your selfish desires for a minute, and focus on your daughters life for a minute you will realize that your little girl needs her daddy and mommy! And I am not even going to start to broach the subject of same sex parents, because it doesn't even deserve my time. It is just flat out wrong and that is all there is too it! Society thinks that the reason girls are having children at such a young age is due to the fact that there just aren't enough programs in school to teach our children how to protect themselves. I tell you that is nothing but horse puckey! The reason girls and boys are having sex at this age is because somewhere, somebody told them, either through, words or actions, that it is okay, just as long as you protect yourself. The only sure fire way to protect yourself is to not do the act in the first place! If you do your job like you were supposed to, your daughter wouldn't need to feel like it is okay, no matter who or what she was told by others. Yet society, screams and yells whenever concerned parents try and get initiatives passed that allow for the programs that teach abstinence instead of the others. Well, I have rambled on enough. And I don't write all that well. But if I could leave you with one thing. And that is, Think about someone else besides your own desires when you make decisions that will have an affect on others. Your children did not have a say on when they came into this world, you brought them here and they are your responsebility! Own up to it and be a MAN!

8 Comments:

Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Well said, chief. Well said.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

appreciate it.

3:50 PM  
Blogger IHeartQuilting said...

I do agree with a lot of what you've said. I split from my first husband for the safety of myself and my children due to his drug and alcohol abuse, and I was a single parent for many years, raising 3 girls and a boy. There were many times when their father was supposed to pick them up and never showed. Kids just need and want to know they are loved, otherwise they will go elsewhere for that love, resulting in teenage pregnancy, etc.

Kids need positive role models. I do happen to think that same-sex couples can raise healthy children if there are other positive opposite-gender adults in their lives.

5:55 PM  
Blogger SoHoS said...

Nicely said! We use what has happened to Jamie Lynn Spears and being pregnant at16 as a what not to do in our house. Count tells our daughter (11) that sex at that age even 17 is unacceptable.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

One more preacher in the family.
Nice job bro.!!!!
Rack-Em!!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah what JoeCool said!! Good to see you blogging again.
HubbardMom

11:00 AM  
Blogger USA_Admiral said...

Well said; RT pointed me over here and I am glad she did.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more...

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home