Monday, August 27, 2007

A couple of Funnies

Here goes.....

Joe: Hey Ken, do you remember that mexican guy on the Jetsons?
Ken: No, I don't remember a mexican on the Jetsons.
Joe: The future looks bright doesn't it!

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAA!! Oh, quit your whining, can't you take a joke! Go eat a burrito or rob somebody. Okay, here is the next one. This one is not so funny.


Last week I purchased a burger and fries at McDonalds for $3.58.
The counter girl took my $4.00 and I pulled 8 cents from my pocket and gave it to her. She stood there, holding the nickel and 3 pennies. While looking at the screen on her register, I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters, but she hailed the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her, she stood there and cried.
Why do I tell you this?
Because of the evolution in teaching math since the 1950s...goes like this...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teaching Math In 1950
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
4/5 of the price. What is his profit?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teaching Math In 1960
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teaching Math In 1970
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teaching Math In 1980
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teaching Math In 1990
A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teaching Math In 2007



Un ranchero vende una carretera de madera para $100. El cuesto de la produccion era $80. Cuantos tortillas se puede comprar?

23 Comments:

Blogger Sezme said...

HA! Well, at least I know why I suck at math.

And my mom can't get a job? She can make change.

At least I can do a tip and the percentage off in clothing sales in my head. Can't compose a really good sentence right now, but that all changes next week when I go back to school. Heh.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

OMG, Ssssteve!! That first one had to be the funniest joke i've SEEN!! ...the last one...sorry...i speak american...:-D

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those evil logging companies! raping earth mother gaia for a measly 20 bucks.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Go eat a burrito or rob somebody.

See you in Hell! Mention my name and it'll get you a good seat. :)

7:53 AM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Those were great Sssteve! I especially enjoyed the first one for my own personal reasons.

1:17 PM  
Blogger LBJ said...

One day, after 5 hours on an airplane, I hit Chick Fil-et for something fast and hot on the drive back from the airport. I ordered a "half dozen chicken tenders". The kid looked at me and said "you can't order that. . you have to order either four or SIX.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

I love watching them try to tell time on anything not digital. Forget it when you say "a quarter after."

8:47 PM  
Blogger Captain America said...

Pricelessssssss!

1:01 PM  
Blogger IHeartQuilting said...

Brilliant.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

HELLOOOOO!!!!
I told the joke can I get some credit here?!?!?!?!
NOT Sssasquatch!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

You're the funniest man alive.

Does that help?

8:09 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Hey dork, Your saying the joke you moron!

"Joe: Hey Ken, do you remember that mexican guy on the Jetsons?
Ken: No, I don't remember a mexican on the Jetsons.
Joe: The future looks bright doesn't it!"

8:32 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Kind of reminds me of the kid watching Star Trek with his dad:

Son: Dad, on Star Trek you have the black lady, the Russian guy, and the Asian guy; how come there are no Arabs?

Dad: Because it's in the future...

I apologize in advance to uptight people that can't take a joke: Get a life.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

I saw this and thought of this post, Ssssteve.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Murphy said...

Tortillas....mmmm...tengo hambre.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo Steve, both of these are perfect! You actually gave me hope for the future:)

5:11 AM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Where ya been, amigo?

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone catch you and put you in a pen or something?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sezme said...

There once was a man from Washington
(Dernit! Nothing rhymes with Washington.)

2:07 AM  
Blogger Sezme said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! :)

5:53 AM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Dude, it's been four months. POST SOMETHING!!!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

Maybe he'll get a day off or something.
;)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

Merry Christmas, Steve. :)

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home