Friday, February 03, 2006

SHUT UP I CAN'T THINK!!!

I cannot believe my coworkers! Can't they see I am trying to blog while I am here at work!! Can't they see I am busy!! I don't care if somebody's cold in their motorhome!! I am in the heating side of the RV business. I have too many things I would like to post on but no time at home and no internet at home (we just moved and the internet won't be up till next wed.) to search out and vet what I want to say. So I went around to check out what everyone else was talking about and then come up with my own take on some of the issues. Big problem, all of my blogging family are sooooo engrossed in this best blog so far vote ! So go vote for your favorite!!

So I ended up at CaptB's place and found this great post by him. I had wanted to post something about the SuperBowl coming up. Seahawks are going to win!! I think the Seahawks are getting no respect and they are going to turn that into motivation to win. But after reading this post I realized where this event should rank on my radar. Now you have to understand that I have been involved with sports all of my life. Next to God and my family, sports runs a close 3rd. Sometimes my wife said it runs 2nd to only God sometimes! But that is a whole other issue! I hate futbol though.

Anyways he put into perspective the similarities and differences between "warriors on the field" and "Warriors in the field of battle"! Sometimes I think we do our military diservice when we use terms like that. "It was war out there", "warriors on the field", "they ran their campaign successfully", "they did battle today and came out victorious". These describe what happens during a game and a season. But what do those same sayings mean to our military. Our kids and the adults too tend to idolize these sports "heroes". Don't get me wrong, from playing sports all my life, and being pretty good at them. JoeCool can verify because I have been whipping his butt all his life! I can appreciate what an athlete does with their God given talents.
I know what it takes to hit a fastball that has slight movement in on your hands, I know what it means to get "broke down" by an opponent in basketball, I know what it means to hit that approach shot within 3 feet of the pin (doesn't happen much), I know what it means to score that winning touchdown. But NONE of those things even comes close to comparing what our veterans of past and present wars have gone through and "Laid on the line" for their Country. So during the game and when the Seahawks win the superbowl keep in mind the real warrior and send them a prayer. Oh that reminds me Pittsburg doesn't have a prayer!! BWAAAAA HAAAAAA!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Speaking of Blog Awards, I am in 1st place for Best Personal Blog by only 4 votes!!! Sssteve-ophiles, help me out, please!!!

A vote for Wyatt is a vote for posting hot chicks!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

I already got you covered brah!! I think I was your first votes!!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whipping JoeCool's butt--what a nice visual! Thanks!

I don't care which overpaid team wins--only interested in half-time! HA

There are so many good milblogs-wish I could read more than I do. Like CaptB said, when the national anthem is being sung--think of all the sons, brothers, husbands, fathers, sisters, mothers, wives, etc, who are in far away places doing a dirty job for all of us and getting paid a hell of alot less than the divas on the football field! God bless them all and keep them safe!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Lin, I thought you might like that!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Uber said...

It is a humbling thought.

Never fails to just leave me speechless.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Now when you say "Doesn't have a prayer" you mean that they don't have to pray because they are going to win right?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Uber, humbling is right!!

Doc, God couldn't care less who wins or not. your right though Steelers are the champs. see next post!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

you should be!!! It is a privledge to be related to me!! And don't be hatin'!! I know you have been on the recieving end of my hugemongous sports talent but don't feel too bad, I still respect you!! HEE HEE

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home