Monday, January 23, 2006

Bush was Right On!!

As everyone knows, Bush gave a speech today, to partly address the issue of the NSA wire tapping. Well, I watched the whole thing and my assessment is that he hit a homerun!! I think it was the best speech I have ever seen him give. He was comfortable, relaxed, funny, light on his feet. A lot of the speech centered around why we were in this war. The reasons we went to Afghanistan, and Iraq. He reiterated the line that if you harbor terrorists you are just as respondsible (sp) as the terrorist themselves! One great moment was when he spoke to the girls directly and reminded them of the freedom that we have and the freedom that the women of Afghanistan and Iraq now have!! He talked about how under Saddam if you spoke out against the government, you usually didn't make to the next week. It almost gave me goose bumps when he started talking about how Iraq is a budding democracy going through their own growing pains. Just like we have in our 200 plus history. Now I do think ours is the best model and that personally everyone's should be just like ours. But different cultures for different people I guess!! Oops, sorry when I start talking about our great Country I kinda get excited and start rambling! I just finished reading the Constitution (sp) and the bill of rights, also our Declaration of Independence. And while I was reading the Declaration, I started to realize that you could just about apply all the grievances we had against Britain, to the Iraqis against Saddam!! Amazing. Anyways there you have it! Don't we live in the greatest Country in the world!! VIVA LA USA!! USA!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie (or is it piece of pie?)......Ffffirst!

Was there a reason you were doing such serious reading? I didn't see George's speech except for where some idiot asked him if had seen Brokeback Mtn!

I think Iraq and Afghanistan have a great future ahead of them if they can gain control and come into the present century! God bless the soldiers who had their blood spilled over there to make it possible! And all the others who work long hours away from their families!

I agree with you about our great country and I wish the people who think otherwise would find somewhere else to live!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Ssstevie but I only give him a 90. It was really good except he's sticking to the same story concerning illegal aliens.

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with sk. Yesterday, in Texas, our border patrol was in a battle with Mexican militia with mounted machine guns on the Mexican humvees.They were smuggling in illegal drugs. The Mexican militia!! The Pres really needs to do something about this. Also the report said the S. Cal. gang MS-13 had been hired to kill border patrol agents.
Other than that I am proud of our President. I love to hear him give a speech when he has it all together. He must be something in person!! Good post..

9:46 AM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Heh, heh, Linda said "pie."

Bush's greatest asset is his speechmaking. As long as he doesn't answer questions from moonbats, that is. The immigration thing bugs the hell outta me, but what are ya gonna do?

6:29 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

I fully agreee with you guys concerning the illegal immigration!! I don't understand why Bush doesn't do anything about it!! He must be in bed with Vicente or something!!

I think I got carried away when he seemed so relaxed and wasn't stumbling in his speech. I didn't get all the questions though.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

Sssstevie,

You are starting to sound like a lib. Either you liked his speech or you didn't. Don't cave just because little miss Linda questions you!!! :)

Have fun in Texas!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you having fun in TX?

Note to self: add another word I can't say around the great horned one! (WE)

Stay co-ol mr.cool!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

I'm as cool as Dentyne Ice!!
Was that cheesy or what?!?!?!

Sorry Big Bro.

Just because your in Tx. Doen't mean you can play BBM with Craig!!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe you are so cheesy. What do you mean play BBM?

Sssssssssteve how are things in TX?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Uber said...

I agree, great speech. I understand that Bush is stuck between a rock and a hard place concerning the border and illegal immigration. There be a sizable group of voters possibly lost over that issue were he to clean house but cleaning house is the right thing to do regardless. I like to think I'd do the right thing, but it may not seem so right if it caused me to hand over everything to democrats who would dumb that up and then some.

What to do?

10:03 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

JoeC, you know I never back down from anything! especially an argument!

Linda, I have fun no matter where I am!!

JoeC, NO BBM here, only real cowboys!! Not gay ones!!

Anon, he is totally cheesy, He was making a brokeback mountain crack. btw, you can post with your name nobody is going to hurt you!! Ha Ha

Uber I couldn't agree more!! We need to clean house!!

12:13 PM  
Blogger GunnNutt said...

MisterClean to the rescue! Vote Dr. Phat Tony in '08!!!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sssssssssteve,

I am not affraid of being hurt. :-D

Just dont want eveyone to know who I am.

In the words of Bobby Brown (Whitney's husband) "THIS IS MY PREROGATIVE".

ANON

4:01 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Team America, F*** Yeah!!!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home