Monday, March 24, 2008

Well, I never said

that is was going to be pretty! I know my weigh day is late but, I was not even near a computer all weekend. So here goes. I weighed in at a svelte 360. Man did I put on the weight!

I am sure everyone has seen the show "The Biggest Loser". I had seen the show a couple of times and noticed that some of these guys were dropping like 8 to 10 pounds a week. Now I know that not everyone is going to get those kind of results. Besides the fact that all they have to do is work out all day and eat right. Not like keeping a job and all the other things that make us lose focus. But with that in mind I decided to buy the Biggest Loser book. It has weight training schedules and a weeks worth of sample recipies. Also on 3 different levels. 1200 calories to 1800 calories per day.

So this week I am working on getting a plan together and working with my wife to get a menu together. Then I will implement that plan next monday. But as for this week, I am just going to try and eat well, and cut out most of my pop drinking. I will also get to the gym at least three times this week.

So look out Detective, I have a plan now, and I am not afraid to use it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sezme said...

I prayed for you a lot the past few days. :)

I've adjusted my present plan a little, too. Time to get a little more hardcore.

Cutting out soda (even diet) is one of the best things you can do. In regular soda, you have high fructose corn syrup. That is a condensed grain. You don't need condensed grain sugar. (Odd way to put it, sorry.) After you've gone a few weeks without any, have one...you'll be grossed out at how sweet it is. It is addictive and like anything addictive, you develop a tolerance. When I quit smoking, I was hyper-stressed and bought a pack after a while. I had one cigarette...it was that nasty. Haven't had one in six years--have come close, though. (Started quitting in 1992...that's how long it took to go without any.)

You'll get there--I promise. How can God not answer that prayer? Huh?

(I need to get that book for the exercises. I had a most pitiful walk around the mall today.)

Sorry this was so long.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

You have until the end of June. There is still plenty of time, and many of our fellow competitors have failed to post. Hopefully, they haven't dropped out, but either way - you're still in it.

Hell, I gained last week, so there's no shame in your story. Keep it up.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

TAG! You're it!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Okay, it's been 36 days since your last post. Who are you, Peakah now?

9:22 AM  
Blogger Sezme said...

Does that mean we'll see pictures of you diving into the ocean from a cliff?

Cannonball?

4:50 PM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

lol... Good luck with that... There's only a couple pounds separating you and I. I've been saying for years I'm going to lose some weight... Yeah... I never said when.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home