Friday, July 06, 2007

Yes, Yes I have been on the road again!



I just feel awful about not posting much anymore. I just looked and I think I have posted like 6 times since the end of March. That is just pitiful! I do stand behind all the excuses again though! Too busy, yada yada yada! This last trip I went to Gillette, WY. I got to bring my wife with me! Whoo Hooo! She kept me busy, so I couldn't blog, if you know what I mean. :) ! Let me tell you something here. There is nothing, and I mean N. O. T. H. I. N. G. in Gillette, WY! I thought Minot, ND was bad! They were heavy on the Fast food side, very short on the sit down and order your food side. They had 1 national chain restaurant. It was an Applebees. Now don't go getting excited now. This wasn't the Applebees you see on the commercials, or even the one you have at home. This one specialized in teh good, teh bad, and teh retarded. The good was that we could leave and never had to go back, the bad was the service you received, the retarded were the help that worked in this restaurant. This restaurant was the talk of the show. It wasn't just us. It seemed every time someone went to this restaurant they just had completely bad service. There were 4 adults and 2 children. My wife and I, Pinhead and his wife, and their 2 children. We get seated and commence to waiting. It took 15 minutes to get our waitress to come by the table. Another 15 minutes for her to bring us our drinks. And it wasn't like she was overworked. She had 4 tables to take care of. The table behind us had finally received their food, all except on person there. He didn't get his food until his table was completely done eating. The waitress walked by them 3 or 4 times without even acknowledging that he was still missing his food. In the meantime, we are still waiting for our food. It's been an hour. While we were waiting, a couple came in and sat down across the isle from us. We tried to warn them but they just wouldn't listen. So they order GRILLED chicken salads. About 30 minutes later, out comes a woman with FRIED chicken salads. She sets the plates down and the man says, "Um, we ordered grilled chicken on our salad" And I kid you not. This woman looks him straight in the eye and says, "This IS grilled chicken" They just looked at her with these, "you have got to be kidding me eyes", and she just walks away. I couldn't believe it. The chicken was breaded and fried. We told him to just eat it and be happy! HA! Finally, we get our food, after an hour and a half. Needless to say, the manager was walking around giving away free food. I think they need to burn that place down and re-build and start all over again!



We did get to go to Mt. Rushmore and Devils Tower. That was pretty cool. I didn't realize how beautiful SW South Dakota was. Man that is one well kept secret. It is beautiful down there. If you ever get the chance. Do it! Here are some pics from our trip.


This is an old church out in the middle of nowhere, near Devils Tower. It was old enough, that if you needed to go to the restroom you had to use these:


These were off to the right side of the church. No wonder parents said you had to go to the bathroom before church and not during church. They might never come back! HA!
The park rangers were working on something, up on top of Mt Rushmore. I think they were trying to part Jeffersons hair just right!



There was a sighting of a Sasquatch. I didn't see anything though!

This is just one beautiful sunset. This turned out to be a cool thunderstorm! It was a great trip! And I loved taking my wife with me. That was awesome. But, really, Gillette is not a destination, just a passing through point in your future vacations! Trust me on this one!













10 Comments:

Blogger Joe Cool said...

FFFFIIIIRRRRSSSSTTTT!!!!

That is so nice that you and your wife had a good time. NEXT time leave the women at home where they belong!!!!!

12:44 PM  
Blogger John DuMond said...

Those are some amazing pictures, Ssssteve. And don't feel too bad about not blogging, we all (those of use with blogs, anyway) go through that from time to time. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

That was a really beautiful sunset!

Note to self: Do not move to Wyoming.

We'll be here whenever you post. Your humor is worth the visit. :) Glad you got to take your wife along on the trip.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics Ssssasquatch,er Ssssteve. Nice to see a new post.
HubbardMom

7:12 PM  
Blogger Uber said...

Yay, pretty photos! It was fun just reading (of course, reading about bad service and starvation is always more fun than living it).

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mt Rushmore is one of the places I'd really like to see.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Captain America said...

I really enjoyed my vacation out west a few years ago. For all it's beauty I don't know if I could live out there. Maybe I'm just east coast material.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

You've been meme'd by me. Hey it is a post idea. :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

A Sasquatch sighting! And me without my tranquilizer gun . . .

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That church reminded me of this song done by Dry Branch Fire Squad:

http://www.box.net/shared/x70k1byj9d

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home