Monday, June 26, 2006

I've been everywhere man, I've been everywhere!

I have been everywhere I think, but its just one big blur know! It was one crazy 3 days. I flew into Philly on Thursday night, well I was supposed to be there 10:30 pm Thursday but ended up getting in 12:30 AM on Friday. Let me tell you what, The city of "Brotherly Love" was not even friendly, let alone giving off any love at midnight! As we are getting our luggage people are dive bombing the luggage carousel, knocking old ladies to the ground, pushing down little children! Man, it was crazy, but hey, that old lady was in my way! I needed to get my bag! People yelling, "hey put that down that's MY bag! I thought somebody was going to get killed or something! I finally got to the hotel and to sleep by 2 am.

Met Joe at the airport and we go get the car. And then fix a couple of things on the car, and start checking the oil, tranny fluid and the antifreeze. Man, it is hot in Philly! You can keep the 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity! Sweating and I haven't even done anything yet! So we follow Wyatt's directions for where to meet them. As we are driving I think I start recognizing where we are going. As we get to where Wyatt suggested we meet I look around, What in the world? We are down by the docks, I turn to Joe and say, "you don't think he is going to shoot us and dump our bodies in that river over there do ya, because I think I seen this place in a mob movie one time!" In fact I know I saw Tony soprano drive by!

So as we are getting an appointment for the radiator flush and oil change, Wyatt calls and says he is pulling into the parking lot, and I go outside to meet him, and think that's not a cop that's Nathan Lane! HA HA I kill myself!! Uglier that you, Puuuuleaaaaaase! But of course, I don't say anything, because if that big bulge on his waist band. I think he brought a cannon with him just in case we turned out to be mobster hit men! HA! So we get in Wyatt's compact car and drive to Famous Daves. Mike shows up a little bit later and we all have a good time getting to know each other. And Wyatt is right, no wait, Mike is always right, I'm so confused! Mike is spot on hilarious! And definitely tied in to all that is happening around where he lives and the country! Mike, if its for a nice golf course, then it's okay! HA! J/K we were talking about Emanate Domain. And I think almost 2 hrs went just like that! So we all went outside for a picture before Joe and I hit the road. In the picture, I'm the good looking one in the middle, Nath.. Oops I mean the distinguished Detective Wyatt is on the left, and Mike on the right.


Man, that ship in the background is big! I can't believe Wyatt said in his blog that he would put us up for the night if we needed it! I think I will take him up on that next summer when I bring my wife and kids (10 of them) to Philly for a weeks stay! Wyatt, you rock!! Man, a whole week with no hotel bill, you know I might be able to stay 2 weeks that way!!

Well, by the time we get turned around and start heading west on I-76 its about 8 pm on Friday, we pulled in to Salem Oregon about 12 noon on Sunday. 3000 miles in 42 hrs. With about 10 hrs sleep time between us. By 5 am Sunday morning we are in Boise Idaho, And every hotel looks like the Waldorf-Astoria! Hey, lets stop there, I don't care if the ATF and Narcotis guys are running into that room, at least its got a bed. I think we both hit the proverbial wall about then! I was soooo stinking tired and Joe looked like a turrets patient without the cursing! I thought he was going into convulsions. Neither of us slept much, because I think that each one of us thought the other was going to go to sleep and kill us both. I KNOW Joe was hallucinating because he kept saying he saw herds of Antelope in Eastern Oregon, but every time I would look there was just dirt and sage brush. Finally I quit looking when he swerved the car into the other lane and said that he was a flying Antelope fly by. So last night, I think it was Sunday night, about 8pm I went to sleep in my own bed, and didn't even move till 7 am this morning. My trip to Philly by Steve "The Shrek"!

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, are you a giant? Cause you look like a giant.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

JT, I don't think I would fit in your crawl space! HA. 6'4" around 300 Lbs

12:50 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

JT - I thought he was going to eat us. And, for the record, I did have my Glock with me. What kind of host would I be if my guests got robbed in my town???

And the City of Brotherly Love thing - it's a crock.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The city of "Brotherly Love" was not even friendly"

Well, duh!

"people are dive bombing the luggage carousel, knocking old ladies to the ground, pushing down little children!"

Welcome to Philly!

"MIAR" is close. Just use my last name and you'll have it just right.

In case anyone wonders about the "golf Course quip, a link of explanation.
http://radioactiveliberty.com/?p=197

Steve, I had a great time!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

goofy people. ;)

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and not one person in that picture is wearing jackboots.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the dude taking the pictures is wearing the boots...

9:37 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

No but his mom wears combat boots! HA HA Oh wait... Doh! She's my mom too!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

I hope they at least let you ride shotgun.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope mr.cool got a super-duper deal on this car to make 2 plane tickets, hotel, food and gas--plus a butt-weary trip home, worth it!!
BTW, as long as you were doing a marathon trip, you should have dipped into the SE for some Southern hospitality! ;)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Linda, It was half of what they wanted ship it!

DPT, They did!

2:11 PM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

3000 miles in 42 hours...sounds like the good old days. Sorry I missed the roadtrip...

3:44 PM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

Jt- He IS a giant!! He says 6'4" and 300???????? "I am NOT an Ogre!!"
Linda- It was actually 2 plane tickets, food, taxi, food, gas, food, car repairs, food... Get the picture??
Wreckse- Sssstevie Boy said 3000 miles in 42 hours not 42 days...
Sssstevie Boy- You DID go to sleep!!!m Outside Boise. I DID see the herds of Deer and Antelope and Elephants and Hippies and and and...

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr. cool, are you saying there was a lot of food consumed??

4:44 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Man!
I wish I could have been there.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

Thus the "I am not an Ogre" comments! :)

2:39 PM  
Blogger Insolublog said...

I think I have you guys beat for the ugly department.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Peakah said...

Just wait till tha 'mcpeak crew hits the east coast! Then there'll be some serious blogging material!!! Great picture!

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pic Ssssteve. You really do look like a giant next to the short guys;)

5:39 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Oh what car did yall come back with?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Ty, Joe bought a convertible Cutlass he has been wanting for some time now.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Won't riding with the top down mess up coolio's hair??

3:06 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Linda, coolio doesn't have any hair, well I mean he keeps it real short. kind of like a flat top!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Somehow that doesn't generate the same excitement it did a couple o'decades ago... But your trip was worth it! Especially the pic (snagged for later blackma.., er... use) ;)

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home