Thursday, May 25, 2006

One Proud and Scared Cousin




I'm talking about me here! That is not me in the picture btw! And I don't get scared often. But when one of your close family relatives is going to be in harms way, well, all your male masculine bravado goes out the window! My Grandmother taught my dad and all his brothers and sisters how to love each other. What hurts one hurts all. When one is rejoicing we all rejoice! So our parents all passed this same trait down to us cousins! Needless to say we are all a close nit family! Let me tell you, if you mess with one you mess with all! Anyways you get the picture.

So, tonight we had a going away party for my cousin, Tiffany! Her official name is Sgt. Tiffany Shirrell. She is in the Army National Guard as an MP! We are so proud of her! And apparently she is a good shot too. I believed she qualified Sharpshooter! I think that is what they call it. Anyways she is going to Afghanistan for a year. I told her about anysoldier.com and she thought that was so cool! I am sending her the contact information so that she can get set up and I can send her stuff! If you would like I will let everyone know when she sends in her requests. I also have her e-mail address and if you would like it to send her a line, e-mail me and I will send it to you! I would put it on the blog but some splodytard might get it and send her crap! Then I would have to find that splodytard and jack them up a little bit!!

Tiff, just got engaged to her fiance' Mike! He is a nice guy and treats her right! I hope they have a great life together when she gets back! At the least, please keep her in your prayers and thoughts while she is there! The second pic is of her and Mike, the others were of the party.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best to Tiff and do keep us up to date on where she is, etc.

Tiff, we thank you for your service to our great country, all the hard work and personal sacrifices. Hang tuff and be safe! You will be in our thoughts!

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!!!!!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiffany, if you're reading this, Thank You a million times for your service. Save travels....

Please also consider signing up for Soldiers Angels, or a family member can submit your name. Anysoldier.com is an awesome organization for you and the folks with you. SA focuses on individuals more often than the group, so you might like to sign up for both. They are both top notch!

Steve you know my email addy. Shoot me the info for mailing as soon as you get it!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cusion Tiff,

Thanx for your service for our
country! We appreciate it,and
will be praying for your safety!

Ssssteve : Great tribute to Tiffany!

5:04 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

She has my prayers.
And tell her thanks! :)

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are on their way to you Tiffany. Thanks for your service, and keep your head low.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Tiffany!!

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The family is so proud of you Tiffany. All our prayers are with you.Thanks Sssteve for the tribute..

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aim small; miss small...and thanks.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Thank you Tiff! Godspeed!

(BTW, your cousin is hot!)

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cousin is to be admired, and not just for hotness, Wyatt. Thanks for your service, Tiffany. We are all forever in your debt.

On a related note, my niece is finishing up her first year at Air Force Academy.

7:18 AM  
Blogger GunnNutt said...

Thank you, Tiffany! Kick some butt, Sarge!

7:34 PM  
Blogger kateykakes said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Tiffany. May she stay safe and out of harms way. Please thank her for me.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home