Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Flag Day



This is a photo of our flag and some of our finest soldiers. They are the 4th Infantry Division 1st Battalion 67th Armor Regiment. I think that is how that goes. Any military personell please forgive me if I got that wrong! And I know they aren't Marines but Captb. will just have to forgive me for that one! Ha! I wanted to give some thanks out to our military and thank them for the fine job that they are doing. Without them we don't know what flag we would be flying. And I for one am kinda partial to the ol' Bars and Stripes! My Grandpa fought in WWII. He was what they called a Waist Gunner in a PBY-5A His gunner position was towards the tail of the plane. They say this was one of the most dangeous places on the plane. I don't know, I figure anywhere during the War would have been dangerous! Anyways, Thanks Grandpa, and to all you veterans out there who have served our awesome Country. And a special thanks to those families that sent off those veterans. Some returned, some didn't! What we must owe those families! They are truly great! So remember on this Flag Day what it took for us to fly this flag! The freedom we enjoy is because of them! Happy Flag Day!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto, Ssssteve!



(I HATE WORD VER!)

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post!! My hubby's dad might've known your grandfather;) Engine gunner in the Pacific.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Linda, Yeah I hate Word Verif too! Stoopid spammers!

SK, thanks, your father in law is as old as my grandpa! Shoot I feel like a little baby! HA. E-mail me if you would like his name.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately FIL passed away so we can't ask questions. However, his encased flag is proudly displayed along with photos of all family memebers who have served.

One of the best things I've read concerning flag day was posted by Capt Chuck Ziegenfuss. Go read his speech. tcoverride.blogspot.com

7:56 AM  
Blogger Deathlok said...

Flag Day? Should I have off from work on flag day?

Damn Government cutbacks. . . .

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home