Monday, May 08, 2006

I want to work my way into middle management

Recently I was e-mailed a spoof on a rookie baseball card for Barry Bonds. At first I thought it was hilarious. I wanted to use it on this post but thought otherwise, because it used a starving child from Africa to signify Barry Bonds before steroids. So I wont use it here, but if you want to see it put your e-mail in the comments and I will send it to you. It illustrates the point so well.

Okay, now that is out of the way. Barry Bonds is the first baseball player to try for mediocrity. He had the audacity to ask MLB if they were going to stop the game and celebrate him passing Babe Ruth on the All time Homerun list. WITW? (that is the sanctified way of saying WT*? heh! stands for "what in the world"). Barry, let me get this straight, you want to stop the game and celebrate when you pass the guy that is in second place?!! What are you thinking, have you taken so much of the juice that it has infected your brain that much! I'll tell you what, from now on in Nascar, when the race is over we can send the first place driver to the winners circle, then send the 2nd place driver to the Not the Winners circle. How about that! Maybe we could give the horse that comes in 2nd in the Kentucky Derby a horseshoe of pansies! Instead of Roses like the winner! Or maybe we could, oh I don't know, have people just run for the Vice President of the US instead of President! What an idiot!

You know what I think, I think that when MLB finally got there act together about steroids and you weren't going to be allowed to CHEAT anymore, you realized that you wouldn't be able to catch Hank Aaron! So you made it your quest to chase the, dare I say it, white Babe Ruth! This is all I hear on the radio. *News Flash* Barry Bonds just got one homerun closer to Babe Ruth! ESPN is going to break into programming when King Barry hits 715! I don't recall them doing to this when Ichiro passed Lefty O'Doul for second, let alone when he passed George Sisler for number 1 on the list of hits in a season! Why not wait till he breaks Hank Aarons record, oh wait, that's right, he probably won't make it now!

Barry, do us all a favor and quit saying you didn't take anything! We aren't stupid! We know it and you know it! You want respect and credibility, own up to your mistakes and take responsibility for your actions!

11 Comments:

Blogger Joe Cool said...

FFFFIIIRRRSSSTTT!!!!!

Isn't this the same guy who blamed the "white" media on his childrens problems??? If you cared enough about your kids you would quit your desire to stick it to the "cracker" man!!!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't recall them doing to this when Ichiro passed Lefty O'Doul for second, let alone when he passed George Sisler for number 1 on the list of hits in a season!

unless they were playing the rangers and i thus had it on a local broadcast (i really don't remember), i'm pretty sure that espn did go to his record-breaking hit, 'cause i saw it live on something

9:50 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

JC, right on!! Your a butthead for the DPT comment though!!

Pinhead, Rack 'em!!

Brett, Your probably right on the record breaking hit, but the second place one, I highly doubt it!! And thanks for stopping by!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

Pinhead,
You should take drugs more often!!!
Nice take!!

Sssstevie-Boy,
I just speak the truth...

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ESPN did something for Ichiro's record breaking hit, but they didn't cut to the live game every at bat until he broke the record like they are doing for Barroids Bonds.

Let's also not forget what the sign at the Phillies game said. "Ruth did it on hotdogs and beer!" That's the best take I've seen on this issue yet.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

"Ruth did it on hotdogs and beer!"

I love that!!!!!
Pinhead and I were talking earlier about how not only did BAbe hit all those homeruns and produce that way, he was one awesome pitcher too!

10 yrs pitching, 94-46
Pitched 148 games 107 of them COMPLETE games! 17 shutouts with a 2.28 ERA

Bonds is nothing compared to him!!!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I strive just to even be management. I also aspire to have the third most widely read blog with "radioactive" in the title., which is odd, because at #3620 by ecotraffic ranking, I currently have the #1 most read blog with "radioactive" in the title.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

fitch, that is so... so.... So Radioactive Dude!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger kateykakes said...

Could you send me the pic?

kateykakes@rcn.com

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish someone would pay me $15 million a year to take drugs...

Barry Bonds is an ass. He needs to retire before he taints the sport anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if Baseball doesn't tell him "You either retire before you break Hanks record...or else. Bwwwwaaahhhaaaa"

That would be cool if they did that, and then he retired, and then they went ahead and did the "Bwwwwaaahhhaaaa" thing anyway. Thats what I would do if I was Baseball.

In fact, I think a little more action on the "Bwwwwaaahhhaaaa" side would fix a lot things wrong with the world. But thats just me.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

JT, Bwwwwaaaaaahhaaa! you are sooo right! Bwwwaaaahhaa!!!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home