Saturday, April 08, 2006

Where have the years gone?! 17 that is!!

Conversation with the wife today:

Wife: Do you know what today is?

Me: Duh! April 8th!

Wife: And....

Me: Ummm, Oh yeah! This is easy! GrandPa's Birthday! (he is 75 today,
I think)

Wife: yes, but that wasn't what I was thinking, try again.

Me: Mmmm.. Oh yeah! The Masters are on this weekend! Go Lefty!!!

Wife: NO!! Try again!

Me: Ahh Man... Mmmm.. I got it! It's the Annual Old Car Portland Swap Meet!!

Wife: WHAT!! NO!! YOU HAD BETTER GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME!!!!

Me: Uh Oh!

Then I give her my I gotcha smile. She calls me a chump!! Of Course I know what today is!! It is our 17th wedding anniversary!! Wow, 17 years!! It has gone by soo fast!

Honey, I love you sooo much!! Just like everyone else we have had our troubles! But, through those troubles our love has grown for each other! There is no one anywhere that I would rather be married to! You are amazing! What a wonderful wife, and mother to our children you have been!! I look forward to many, many more years together! I enjoyed the few days that we spent at the coast!! I love you!!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to wish you a happy 17th anniversary--and many more!

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you! Wishing you many more, all blessed with good fortune.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth...

You guy's should celebrate today...

Go to Taco Bell...

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats bro. I hope you were just playing dumb. Otherwise, that's a really bad move.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Peakah said...

Congrats dawg... but my wife is too good a sharpshooter to be pullin that crap on her... I'd be missing a kneecap or two!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Steve and Elina... Oh btw..Grandpa is 81. And with his 80 yr old bride of 6 months, he is stepping tall as well..

7:55 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Hey everyone, Thanks alot. And just to ease everyones mind, I'm not quite that dumb! HA HA!!

Mom, Go Grandpa! Go Grandpa! Go Grandpa!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Grandpa and new wife, indeed!

5:52 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Congrats!!
Great, ain't it?
My 17th is coming up in less than a year.

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home