Friday, February 10, 2006

The Love of my Life



Hey, all you guys out there, you are probably not going to want to read through all this! The gals might be another story. Anyways this post today is dedicated to the one woman that has made my life what it is today....Wonderful!!

It is going on 17 years now. WOW! 17 freaking years!! Think about it!! A farm girl in Missouri met city boy from Oregon. Man talk about culture shock!! But, that southern accent and black skirt was all I could think about after we met for the first time. We met at a wiener roast. I ended up feeding my hot dog to the dog. And anybody that knows me, knows I don't usually get rid of any food!! You knocked my socks off!!

As you wrote me... I wish I could say we wrote each other but that would be a lie! I was not a very good boyfriend! Too interested in Basketball! What a moron! Yet there every 2 or 3 days was a letter from you!! Amazing!! Telling me all about yourself and your college classes, your goofy brothers, and other things I can't get into here. He! I should have realized then what a woman I was getting! And getting is right, you gave yourself to me, nothing held back, no reservations! Just open ended love! It made me love you even more!

This is where it gets interesting! Three months go by! And WHAMO!! Engaged!! 3 months??! how could it last!! We were married 5 months later, and so the saga began! You have been the most amazing partner (woman, I don't go for the same partner stuff) a man could ever hope for! your dedication to our marriage through thick and thin, I would put through richer or poorer but we've never been rich! Just poor and poorer! you have covered for me even when you new I was wrong! You have always had by back, never have I ever had to worry that you would do anything to hurt or embarrass me in public, on purpose! We have embarrassed each other many a time on accident though, and those are teh funny times!

Most of all though! I have seen you deal with loss of our son Matthew, going through the stages of loss and sadness with a grace that I could not muster! You gave of yourself during that time to make sure that I had someone to lean on and cry! You have done the most important of jobs that any woman could do. I know that in this lifetime it is very likely that we will see our first Woman president. But whoever that woman is, can't hold a candle to what you have done bringing up our children! The sacrifice you have done, to stay at home and do that job is amazing to me!!

You have moved from your beloved Missouri. I guess the saying is true. You can take the girl out of Missouri but you can't take Missouri out of the girl. You have held true to all of your marriage vows. Especially the one of going where I would go! Beside me not behind me! We have been through so much together, moved way to many times, and yet I am more in love with you than ever before! There is a reason that I say I would never marry again if you died *God Forbid* (little private joke). I just don't think I could ever find any one that would measure up!!

The southern accent is just about gone, but that black skirt,....Well some things are better said behind closed doors;} besides we never know who is going to read this! HA! Love ya babe!!!

p.s. I know the picture is crooked, it was meant that way!!

16 Comments:

Blogger Uber said...

My gosh you made me cry a little...and on a friday.

Beautiful, Sssteve.

Hope you and the Mrs. have a fabulous rest of your life together.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ssssteve, how very sweet and touching! Have a Happy Valentine's Day together!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that I was sorry for the loss of your son. Losing a child is one of the hardest things life can hand you.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...makes a Mother proud.. And I love her too.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the best Valentine I've ever gotten. I mean, can you top adoration? Really, I knew a good thing when I saw one and I can only say, that Steve has been so patient with me, letting the clothes sour in the washer, not having supper ready, not ironing the sheets(joecool) etc. I've made so many mistakes and yet he just says "It's OK." He's worked so hard for our family, and never complains about getting up and going to work everyday. I have followed him anywhere, because when he wraps me in his arms I am safe, no matter where we are or whats going on around us. He is my best friend and the best decision I ever made. I love you Babe. EE

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EE & Steve
Those messages where so sweet. Now I am crying again, but I also realize that there are couples out there that are so completely in LOVE! I am glad to know both of you and pray that your love and happiness continues always.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, it appears you really do know what the perfect Valentine is:) This year marks my 30th with hubby...I wish both of you the same happiness we've had, and more.

I am so sorry for your loss.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

WUSS!!!

(Sorry, but SOMEONE had to break your stones!) BTW, Elena is beautiful. Congrats!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon, cowboy--we know deep down inside there's some romantic love in your soul...somewhere!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Congrats Ssssteve! It's great to be in love.

And uh, the picture's crooked ;)

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Valentine's Day, Ssssteve and wife. Mom. too, and even joecool!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Thanks everyone for commenting! She is a wonderful lady!!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last comment was mine!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Steve...makes me almost wish I hadn't married my "other cuz"...:)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Peakah said...

Great post my friend. There's nothing quite like having your better half keeping you on an even keel through thick and think. There's also nothing else quite like having your soul completed in a way that only a woman can complete it.

Congrats my friend and my condolences for your loss of Matthew. Surely you will be reunited with him someday... what a great and glorious day that will be.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwweee ssssteve how sweet,touching, romantic etc.!!! I didn't know u had it in ya bro!! LOL J/K he he.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home