Friday, April 06, 2007

18 years and counting!

And no, that is not how long it's been since I have posted anything. Or how long it will be till I post something. That is how many years (come April 8th) that I have been married to my wonderful wife! I really think that I am going through some kind of midlife crisis or something. Because I think about how old I am all the time. And get a little melancholy thinking about all the years that have gone by and what I haven't got accomplished. But then I think about who I have shared the ride with so far and realize what a great gift from God my wife has been! Truly, no one could have been better to live this life with. Her understanding and long suffering has been amazing. Don't get me wrong, we have had our fair share of troubles and heartaches, some caused by circumstance and others by me. But all and all it has been a great 18 years so far. One of the coolest things about my wife is her ability to "get" things. The little nuances of jokes, stories and things. It would have driven me nuts a long time ago to have to explain everything out. She "gets' it. Along with that is her great sense of humor. This is one funny cat! Her ability to laugh at herself as much as anyone else is amazing. And don't you dare do anything that would be detrimental to one of our children!! My goodness, that motherly instinct is strong!

Babe, all in all, I look forward with great anticipation to our years together as we grow old together and watch our children grow and marry. Then of course, grandchildren. Just as long as they don't get in the way of my golf! Love ya!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats SSSSteve, and happy anniversary to you and the Mrs.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

Awwwwwwww! Happy anniversary, Sssteve and Mrs. Ssssteve. :)

2:33 PM  
Blogger kateykakes said...

Happy anniversary to you and your wife. May you have many, many happy years together. :)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Thanks guys!!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we know how essential she is to keeping you clothed in public! heh Okay, I know I need to give that up......maybe!

Celebrate your day!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to leave a sappy "I love you too." message and then SSSSTEVE, made me so mad by playing X-Box.Then I realized that this is what it's all about. Loving someone enough to be mad and then loving them enough to get over it and let them have fun and enjoy life. I can't imagine life without Steve. Not that I'd never be able to burn a CD or run the digital camera correctly, but his big bear hugs and holding my hand as we go down the road, the unfailing ways he has of making me laugh even when I don't want to. How do you sum up half of your life spent with another person? I'd just have to say that while not always comfortable, it's been the best years of my life. Thank you Steve for letting me be me. For letting me stay home with the kids, (Goodness knows we needed the money)and then letting me go to work for a while. For all my decorating ideas that you've endured, and all my bad cooking messes that have let me become a good cook. For all my whining you've put up with about the rain in Washington and all the other ways you've shown you love me. I love you still. Elina

12:11 AM  
Blogger Sezme said...

Anyone got a tissue?????

Beautiful (and very true)!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us share in your celebration. I am proud of you both. Congratulations, and heres to the next 18.....Oh and Elina... I am sure you feel very safe walking down the street holding SSSteves hand...I mean who would mess with SSSSasquatch??????

8:28 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

That's awesome, Ssssteve!
Congrats!!

The wife and I just had number 17 last month. Yay!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

It's getting so sappy in here I think I'm going to puke. How about a nice, raving rant?

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! Wishing you many, many more.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Captain America said...

Woah! Talk about catching a guy off guard! I got sucked in and before I could get away I read the whole thing! Whew! It's like when you see a hot chick on a soap then before you know it you know the names of six characters... um... yeah. Never mind!
Congrats dude. Lot's of happinesssss!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home