Tuesday, March 13, 2007

On the road again,,,,, with Georgia on my mind!

Well, here I am again. On the road again! This time I am in the great state of Georgia. The rest of this week I am going to be in Southern Georgia, and next week I am going to be in Perry Georgia. This is one of our biggest shows that we have. Should be a good one too! The company I work for is really taking off, should make for some interesting times.

Tonight, while I was checking into the hotel, Pinhead and I asked the girl behind the counter which pizza joint was the best, and she said that she didn't eat pizza. We were like, "You don't eat pizza, what, are you not an American?"

You know, just giving her a hard time. And she says with this little disdain in her voice, "No, I'm not"
My first reaction was, man, she says that like, why would I want to be an American. And then she says, " I am an American in paper only" I was totally blown away. It turns out she was born in Venezuela. And to her benefit, when pinhead made a derogatory remark about Chavez, she curled up her lip like she was disgusted with Chavez. And we said, at least she didn't like that guy. She looked to be in her early 20's, and her accent was all American. And I started to wonder how many other 20 something kids out there that feel like her. And then Pinhead hit it right on the head.
He said, " No longer is America a melting pot, but it's more like a tossed salad, We are all in the bowl but everyone has their own little part. No one is assimilating." I tell you that this is going to be the most damaging problem in our country. Multi-culturalism is evil! It is screwing up our country, faster and more than anything! Especially when it goes hand in hand, with ILLEGAL immigration. You can't have people coming here and then only thinking they are American in paper only! Where is the pride?! How could you possibly be patriotic?! If you are American in name only, would you be willing to sacrifice for the good of the Country in wartime, like our grandparents and great-grandparents did in the 2 World Wars?! I don't think so! What would be the point, to sacrifice for a country that your only reason for being here is that you didn't like the guy that was running the country that you just left. I'm sorry but I just don't trust people like that! In my world, you are either all in, or all out! NO in between!

I think that most of you that know me, know that I am very competitive! When I used to play basketball, I would love to take the couple of guys that no one wanted and beat the idiots that thought they stacked their team! There is no greater feeling that beating someone who thinks they have all the angles nailed down. Now, just messing around with my children or family, unless it's against my brothers or cousin, I just play to have fun. But you get me in a real game and your not trying, I would rather you just quit when your on my team. I would rather have a physically handicapped person that gave their all than some preening, pre madonna that didn't even try. I guess I said all that, to make the point that, When your an American, you had better come correct! NO more of the hyphenated crapola! Besides, that is just a slap in the face to those of us that consider ourselves just as Americans! When you put your ethnicity before American, example: African-American, Asian-American, and so forth, apparently that means that you consider yourself an African first and an American last, or a Asian first and American last. How can that be?!! Anyways, sorry for the long rant! But hey, had to get it off my chest!
Thanks for listening and GO DUCKS!!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the ducks going? That was a revolting story! She should take her rear-end back to SA and let someone who really wants to be here have her place! I saw an Iraqi who had been an interpreter for the military and wanted to come to America on TV last night. He's in Syria because he's marked for death in Iraq but they want to deport him back to Iraq! Life seems terribly unfair! sigh

Georgia, huh? Hope you have a good show!Ssssteve--covering the US, one state at a time!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

I agree. The tossed salad idea is ruining this country. Melting together as a whole does not mean you give up your beliefs and culture, but it does mean that you accept the way of life of what defines us as Americans. I'm also sick of the down-the-nose attitude/arrogance that people fortunate to live in the U.S. (from other countries) display. I just wanna smack them--really, really hard.

They are jealous; that just about explains it.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The morale of the story: Never trust a woman who hates pizza.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. Detoured to Typo City. That should read "moral," not "morale." Women who hate pizza do nothing for my morale anyway.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

RT is talking about "tossed salad." Heh.

And I classify myself as a Fat-American.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

What's a girl to do?

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Ssssteve, you're in GA--look for some bar-b-que!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

BBQ? In Georgia??? You've got to be kidding me! You gotta go to KC for some REAL BBQ. Next time you're in my neck of the woods, give me a shout out and we'll go to Gate's or somewhere nice like that. Hope everything goes well on your trip and it's awesome about the business taking off. Hopefully, it'll mean big bucks for Steve!

Oh... and your post was right on the money... of course.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BBQ? In KC??? You've got to be kidding me! You gotta go to Memphis for some REAL BBQ. :)

1:58 PM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

Well said Bro. Sorry I missed you guys this year...The BBQ last year was pretty memorable actually, even if it turns out you can't wear a t-shirt to a golf course with a trailer for a "clubhouse", but Memphis is good too...maybe I'm a little biased though...I think we better hit 'em all just to be sure.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

I hear Memphis has good BBQ but you don't see any sauces named Memphis Masterpiece... Close, but no cigar!

8:20 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I'm an armed-American. ;)

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...there were a lot of words there. A. Lot.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

I second Jimmyb! That's one hyphenation I'll accept.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you ever wondered why america is hated by most of its neighbouring countries??? or why so many americans immigrated to canada after bush came to office?? the tossed salad idea isn't all bad. why should everyone assimilate to the "american" way?? is it not a "free" country?? who makes the rules about what is truly "american"??? who did americans take the land from? maybe you guys should assimilate to the native-american way of life before you throw judgment on immigrants!!!

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many people moved to Canada? I noticed the loud-mouths who said they were moving are still around, taking up space!Can we send more? Waaa, you mean they hate us? I wasn't here when America was colonized--were you? You must be really, really old and crusty! And maybe you should shut the hell up, genius!
Sorry, Ssssteve--sick of people like this!

9:02 PM  
Blogger rachel said...

Anon - If America is hated by "most of its neighbouring countries" why are so many Mexicans moving here and why is Canada one of our strongest allies in the war in Afghanistan?

Oh... "neighbouring" Are you Canadian?

Yeah, Canada's tossed salad approach is working out so well.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

Sorry about your Duckies.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

Somone's calling us out on our cellar-dweller golf trash-talk. The nerve!

Post something new! Whaddya got work or something? Work is for wusses (and highly overrated)!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

I hope you have a really nice Easter and lots of family time. :)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home