Monday, August 07, 2006

It's Monday and I got nothing!

Well, how about something from the wide wide world of sports!

First off, Tiger did it again! Man, this guy is on fire! (sorry Dad) He is just smoking everything. Back to back wins. Some of his approach shots were just sick! Coupled along with the fact he has put the driver at the back of the closed and is using his Fairway irons and 3-wood (heh, he said wood!) he is almost unstoppable. I saw a stat that said his approach shots from 150 to 75 yards out are on average 5' inside of the rest of the field. That means he is putting a 10 to 15 footer instead of a 15 to 20 footer for birdie. Five feet closer to the hole on your approach shots is the difference in scoring birdies instead of pars! This win this weekend was his 50th on tour. He is well on his way to 100 wins before he goes to the senior tour! That would be 14 more than the closest person. And nobody thought that 86 wins was attainable! Wow!

2nd we go to Nascar. Jimmie Johnson won the Brickyard 400. Now this is one of the biggest races of the year for Nascar. If you win at Daytona or Indianapolis then your year was a good one. Jimmie became only the second racer to win at both venues in the same year. Dale Jarrett is the only other. This win meant alot to Jimmie since one of his idols was Rick Mears the indy car racer. Rick was from California like Jimmie. A great race that had alot of drama, as much drama as a car race can have. Of course, it would have been better if that Looooooseeeeeer, Tony Stewart had bumped Carl Edwards in the race, then I think it would have gotten crazy then. Before the race Carl called Tony a Moron! Well that about sums it up about Tony! HA!

The NFL kicked off its exhibition season last night with the Raiders beating the Eagles 16-10. Of course this is just that, an exhibition game and really doesn't mean anything. Now I'm a Raider fan but if these two teams met in the regular season the Eagles would take them. And you wouldn't think there would be a lot of hard hitting in this game but there were about 4 or 5 that made you sit up and take notice! Pretty cool!

Last but not least. Baseball! The greatest sport ever invented! Now I know a couple of my fellow bloggers hate baseball. But I think that just means they were never good at it. Just keeping it real here. No offence meant. I hate writing, I have a lot to say, but am intimidated by the fact that I can't write as well as some others do. Insol is one of the best writers I know. The way he puts down his thoughts on paper, well blog paper, whatever, you get the picture. So I know where my weaknesses lie. So no offence when I say that. Anyways where was I going with this. See I told you I suck at this! Oh yeah, baseball! I think I bring bad luck to a team when I start rooting for them. My favorite team is the Dodgers! I used to bleed Dodger blue! They were my boyhood team. I grew up in So-Cal, so it was them or the Angels. But doing as much moving as I have, I have come to have a soft spot for the teams where I live. The Seattle Mariners and the KC Royals. Both of whom suck worse than I suck at writing! And I like the Cardinals too! Anyways the only team doing any good right now is the Dodgers. They are on a hot streak. Man, what a messed up paragraph! Nothing about baseball this weekend just some rambling about baseball! Wow! So much for the sports report! Till next time. So long!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Yawn*

Wake me up when football season starts, and I mean the actual season, not this idiotic fake football that's designed to injure key players before the season starts.

*Yawn*

6:07 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

I hear a bro!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Earnhardt hated Stewart's guts, and pretty much told him so in 2000. Eardhardt wrecked someone to win. Stewart does it to look like a tough guy.

Oh, and he's fatter than Jimmy Spencer.

Tiger Woods, however, is the king of the world!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Oh. Thanks for blog-sittin' Sssteve!!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Steve the Pirate: Good point. I cheerfully withdraw my argument.

And hey, Sssteve, how bout a blog post?

6:50 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

It's Monday (AGAIN) and you've still got nothing!

Let's go, while we're young!!!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home