Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Joke of the Day

First let me say no offense to any Catholic readers. SO DONT TAKE ANY! HA! But this is funny, I don't care who you are!!!

The Pope took a couple of days off to visit the mountains of Alaska for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the campground in the Pope mobile when there was a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods. A helpless Democrat, wearing sandals, shorts, a "Save the Whales" hat, and a "To H**l with Bush" T-shirt, was screaming while struggling frantically, thrashing around trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10 foot grizzly. As the Pope watched horrified, a group of Republican loggers came racing up. One quickly fired a .44 magnum into the bear's chest... The other two reached up and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Democrat from the bear's grasp. Then using long clubs, the three loggers finished off the bear and two of them threw it onto the bed of their truck while the other tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the back seat. As they prepared to leave, the Pope summoned them to come over. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he told them. "I heard there was a bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic Environmental activists but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true."
As the Pope drove off, one of the loggers asked his buddies "Who was that guy?" "It was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with heaven and has access to all wisdom."

"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom but he sure doesn't know anything about bear hunting! By the way, is the bait holding up, or do we need to go back to Massachusetts and snatch another one?"

21 Comments:

Blogger Sezme said...

I laughed so hard I snorted! :) Good one!

5:49 PM  
Blogger kateykakes said...

LMAOOOOOOOO! (and yes, I'm Catholic!)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Rifff, do I know you? If not, then your an idiot and a moron. but I do like your usage of the f's. There I said something nice about you. and something bad. So I am balanced!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Oh I know you, or you wouldn't know about Louis L'amour! Let's see if you know what, "Alright that's 12!" is?

4:54 PM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

Is this a working blog???????

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes! How's that car working, mr.cool?

6:16 AM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

Swimmingly!! Thanks 4 asking.
I think Sssstevie-Boy is hibernating. He's grouchy when he wakes up. Grrrrrr!!!!!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Now joe, don't fib to the nice lady. Tell her the truth about the car!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Swimmingly"? Does that mean it's in a nearby river or lake? I've never had a car that could swim!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

Linda,
Can't you feel the jealousy in there(sp?) posts???

All three of my vehicles have something broke on them right now. I think Sssstevie-Boy might have done one of them. The last 2 times I have let him drive one of my cars it broke. Go figure...

I am thinking of changing my name to "They hate me"...

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not really. I think there might be some humor trying to break free, though! Granted, it might be at your expense, but I doubt they hate you! I know vehicles that don't work are not funny when you own the keys....but flying across the US and driving back sort of sets up an amusing scene, IF you don't own the afore mentioned keys! I could understand your annoyance at being the butt of the joke, not to mention the expense, but I'm afraid it's funny! Sorry. I think the person you should get mad at is the seller. Did you hear alittle voice inside saying this is a bad idea at any time? Sometimes we need to listen to the little voices! Have you heard the one about making lemonade when life gives you lemons? Ya never know, a lemonade stand might give you enough money for repairs...if you're a good salesman. Good luck!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you didn't guess,mr.cool, that was said in jest. I failed to put a tag on the end of it. I hope your car is running smoothly!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

I knew it was. :)
I love my car!!! Everytime I touch the car it runs better. :)

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, coolio, if that's the case, I need you to come touch my car!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, light a fuse under your brother! ;) Steve....get with it!

6:33 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Bout time for a posty, eh?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Joe Cool said...

Does anybody know if this blog is even active anymore?????

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Steve-e,

Now the day is over
Night is drawing nigh
Shadows of the evening
Steal actoss the sky

Now the darkness gathers
Stars begin to peep
Birds, and beasts and flowers
Soon will be asleep.......

ASLEEP!!! (hint)

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sssteve?....Sssteve?....SSSTEVE?!


**crickets**

Bobo??????????

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pinhead must have been in the office lately. Word is he left for Indiana this week, sounds like it is prime time for a post! ;)

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's MY joke of the day:

George W. Bush. Ba-dum-bum.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home