Thursday, December 15, 2005

Gimme Back my Christmas!!!

I debated a long time on how to write this next post. Somehow when you write down your thoughts they seem so much more permanent than just spoken ones. You can always say that I don't recall saying that. But it is kinda hard to deny you didn't write what you wrote. Those of you that know me, know that I love this time of year. Christmas is the best part of the year in my book! I start listening to Christmas music in October. So I think I am going to rant a little. About people trying to take away my Christmas!!

Who's bright idea was it to tell their employees to not say Merry Christmas to their customers? Tell me, who buys Christmas presents at Christmas time? DUH! PEOPLE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS!! I also know that people celebrating Hanukkah buy presents at this time too. But I don't think that was in the minds of the store owners when they made this decision. What they are though is spineless scared people of the PC police! Oh we can't offend this one, can't offend that one. Unless you are a Christian, then it is okay! You cannot go down this road of trying to please everyone! This world is not fair. It will never be fair. So quit trying to make it so!! Do you really think that by saying Merry Christmas that the MINORITY in this country will no longer shop in your store!! Come on, give me a break!! This country use to be a country of no Whiners. Now it seems that is all we have! *whiney voice* I don't celebrate Christmas so I was offended when that clerk told me Merry Christmas. *whiney voice off* We hear things everyday that we think offend us. Suck it up will ya!! My goodness. Like my kid sister says, "Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it!" Stop being so sensitive! This country has a long standing tradition, that the MAJORITY supports, of celebrating Christmas in December and all that comes with that. Whew, I feel better anyways!

On a side note, I saw a statistic that said Christmas Decorations are a 7.9 Billion dollar industry!! Wow! I think I am in the wrong business!

14 Comments:

Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

And yet, they'll break out the "After-CHRISTMAS" sales on December 26th. Hypocrites!

That's why I celebrate Festivus.

5:36 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Merry Christmas, Sssssssteve.
With a capital Christ!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Oh no don't offend 80% of America that is Christian or the 92% that celebrates Christmas. OH NOOOOOO!

Ssssteve, you made your point.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Wyatt, No Doubt!

CUG, Right back at you!

Tyler, Your right there, and thanks.

Pinhead, cool got the preacher fired up!

7:16 PM  
Blogger GunnNutt said...

Ssssteve - I linked ya. Are you going to post your email address? I have a Christmas Ornament I dare you to post.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go son!!! Makes me proud...hey one thing though. I believe you started listening to Christmas music in Sept. Nothing wrong with that..just saying... :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

GN, just sent ya my e-mail. can't wait to see.

Mom, Leave me alone on my Music!;}

8:20 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Ssssteve...how in the world can this country sell so many Christmas ornaments without being sued "because the display offended me!!"

9:00 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Excatly right, Libby! Of course they call it Holiday ornaments

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ssssteve...great post! My biggest prob is employers demanding what greeting an employee MUST use. I'm not offended if someone wishes me a Merry Festivus so long as they can handle my Merry Christmas in return.

Earpy--another Seinfelder? :)

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You quoted Pookie! She's going to be so proud!

This is cool, Steve! I'm impressed! I didn't know you could read, much less write! (Sorry, just warmin' up for next week!)

Keep up the good work. Maybe you'll be so worn out I'll torch you on the golf course! Staying up late listening to Jay Leno and all this blog writing, you must be pretty tired lately.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro. Love Your blog site.
Christmas is my most favorite time of the year.As you well know :) Keep quoting the "smart people you know" ,and you will do just fine :)

5:39 PM  
Blogger moehawk said...

Damn Liberals cant slander or libel God and Jesus, so they do their best to outlaw anyone from mentioning their names or celebrating their holy days.

Oh Crap, i might have just given them the clue that Holidays = holy days, and than those will be taken away in the name of political correctness too.

please don't blame it on me when it happens!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

SK, Well said!!

FUB-inlaw, WHATEVER, Bring your "CRYING TOWEL"

Pookie, Man I can't even say that word.

Moe, Well said, but try not to give all our secrets away;}

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home